Wednesday, March 29, 2017
-------9:00 am - 4:00 pm
------- 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
-----at St. Patrick's Church
Several priest will be available in the evening to hear confessions.
A Pastor’s Top 10 Reasons to go to Confession
(From Parish Lenten Retreat with Fr. Greg Carruthers, SJ)
- First and greatest reason, we are seeking forgiveness the way Jesus designed it to be sought.
- As well as forgiveness of sins, we receive sacramental graces.
- We are assured that our sins are forgiven – we don’t have to feel forgiven.
- We can obtain sound advice by someone trained in the spiritual life.
- We are reconciled with the rest of the Church which our sin has affected.
- We are accountable to someone else for our actions.
- It is good psychology.
- If I have to speak my sins, I must actually identify them concretely.
- It gives me the opportunity to form and examine my conscience.
- A good exercise in humility.